Asparagus and Parmesan Frittata is yet another super easy meal that you can whip up in a matter of minutes.
It’s definitely pantry friendly
You always have eggs, right?
And probably some vegetables and cheese in your fridge?
Some herbs to throw on top??
If so, you are ready to make a frittata.
In this version, I used fresh asparagus, a half of a zucchini that I had leftover, some Parmesan cheese, of course, and a chiffonade (thinly cut ribbons) of basil to top it off.
Simply beat eggs with a bit of milk, saute the vegetables in the oven-proof pan, pour in the eggs, continue to cook on the stovetop, then pop under the broiler to brown and finish cooking. In only 10 minutes you will have a photo ready Asparagus and Parmesan Frittata!!
Now that’s the kind of quick cooking I like.
There are many variations for making a frittata, here are a few:
Mushrooms + Mint + Romano Cheese
Onion + Spinach + Feta
Tomato + Basil + Mozzarella
Just use your creativity to come up with other tasty combinations.
I love to serve this frittata with some crusty bread or this Italian Bruschetta.Print
Great make-ahead, pantry-friendly recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1–1/2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 4 teaspoons fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated Gruyere
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl, add milk, a pinch of salt and black pepper and mix until blended, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron pan on medium-high heat then add olive oil/butter. When hot, add shallots and cook for 5 minutes until transluscent.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned on both sides.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and reduce heat to a medium to low flame. Let eggs set on the bottom, approximately 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs then place in broiler for 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye on frittata because it will brown quickly. Remove when the top is golden brown and bubbly.
When cooking the mushrooms, after placing them in the skillet in a single layer, do not move them for 3-4 minutes. They will brown much better if they are not disturbed. Then flip them over and do the same.
- Category: Light dinner
- Method: Stovetop & Broiler
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: frittata, omlette, eggs, mushrooms, Gruyere cheese