Okay, here’s the deal. To make great tasting food you need the best, freshest ingredients you can find. Particularly when it comes to fruits and vegetables, you want to buy produce that is in season and organic if possible. This Arugula, Peach and Mozzarella Salad is the perfect example of the ingredients doing all the heavy lifting.
Farmers Market Fresh
I love to visit the Culver City Farmers Market to see what is in season. Right now, at the end of June, you can still find arugula because it hasn’t gotten too hot to wilt the plants. The peaches are already sweet and juicy and the Culver City market also has a wonderful cheese vendor that carries the mozzarella!
This is one of my favorite salads to eat in the heat of the summer. It is refreshing but above all, it is embarrassingly easy to make. Just tear the peach into pieces as well as the mozzarella, mix with the arugula then toss in a simple dressing of olive oil and some type of sweet balsamic vinegar. Done. Really, that’s it, 5 minutes for an amazing fresh bowl of summer greens and fruit.
Try this salad with Grilled Chicken and Vegetables. A perfect summer combo.Print
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 peach
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella
- 1–1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place arugula into a large salad bowl.
- Cut peach in half and tear it into bite-size pieces.
- Tear the mozzarella into bite-size pieces.
- Drizzle 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil onto salad.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar onto salad.
- Add salt and pepper and mix gently.
In place of the balsamic vinegar you can use white balsamic or a fig balsamic. The salad just calls for something slightly sweet to balance out all of the flavors.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Combine ingredients
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: salad, peaches, fresh mozzarella, arugula, balsamic