They may not be pretty but I did my best to make these Crispy Smashed Potatoes look as good as they taste. Twice-baked Yukon Gold potatoes are baked, smashed then slathered with olive oil, salt and pepper then baked again.
My husband loves potatoes so I am always looking for new ways to prepare them. Although the Crispy Smashed Potato recipe has a longer cooking time than most of my recipes, they take only a couple of minutes to prepare then cook in the oven for 1-1/2 hours with very little supervision.
A delicious side dish.
- 1–1/2 pound of Yukon Gold potatoes (medium)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes
- Cut in half.
- Place 1 tablespoon (or a little more) of olive oil on a plate, dip flat part of potatoes in the oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until soft.
- Remove from oven, take a sturdy glass and push down on each potato, smashing them down.
- Drizzle the remainder of the olive oil over the potatoes and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Pop back into the oven and turn the heat up to 450º for another 20-30 minutes until crispy.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over potatoes or serve on the side.
Sometimes I will add additional seasoning such as: paprika, garlic powder or other dried herbs.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: potatoes, crispy potatoes, side dish