I’m one of the crazies that loves brussels sprouts and have been trying to perfect this recipe for a while. This recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cilantro Vinaigrette has finally solved my quest for the perfect sprout.
They are cooked to crispy perfection but as good as roasted brussels sprouts are on their own, you will love the addition of the lemony cilantro dressing. Regrettably, the only problem is that I cannot stop eating them!
I like to buy small brussels sprouts then I cut them in half so that the flat side gets very dark and caramelized when roasting. I also love the little leaves that fall off when you prepare them because when they cook they become extremely crispy and almost potato chip like.
Brussels Sprouts Facts
- They are members of the crusiferous family or a type of cabbage.
- They are a good source of calcium, potassium, and vitamins C, A, and K as well as high in fiber.
- The sulforaphane that gives Brussels sprouts their unique flavor also helps to lower cancer risks.
- Brussels sprouts contain zeaxanthin, an antioxidant that’s considered important to eye health.
When buying brussels sprouts, choose ones that have very tight leaves. They will stay fresh for 7-10 days if stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped finely.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- T1/4 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Wash brussels sprouts, Trim bottom slightly then cut in half through the root.
- Place all sprouts into a bowl, add olive oil, salt an pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Place all flat sides of sprouts down for better browning. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- Place garlic, lemon, honey and rice vinegar into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add olive oil and stir to combine then add cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette over brussels sprouts and gently mix.
Serve with brown rice, quinoa or other grain and garnish with pomegranate seeds and/or toasted pecans.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: Brussels sprouts, cilantro vinaigrette, side dish