- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped finely.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- T1/4 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Wash brussels sprouts, Trim bottom slightly then cut in half through the root.
- Place all sprouts into a bowl, add olive oil, salt an pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Place all flat sides of sprouts down for better browning. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- Place garlic, lemon, honey and rice vinegar into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add olive oil and stir to combine then add cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette over brussels sprouts and gently mix.
Serve with brown rice, quinoa or other grain and garnish with pomegranate seeds and/or toasted pecans.
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: Brussels sprouts, cilantro vinaigrette, side dish