Everyone love a good margarita. I am usually a purist and prefer a simple “skinny margarita” but I also love pineapple so I thought I would meld these two with a bit of heat (aka jalapeño) to create the Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita.
I made simple syrup and soaked slices of jalapeño in the mixture to create a subtle heat for the cocktail. The longer you let those little rings of jalapeño soak in the simple syrup, the more flavor you will extract from them and the spicier it will be. Next, I blended some chopped up pineapple rather than canned pineapple juice but either will work here.
Cazadores Tequila Anejo is the tequila I chose for this one because it holds up to the strong pineapple flavor and what is a margarita if you can’t taste the tequila???
Lastly, you just need a big pool, a lounge and some sun to enjoy this special cocktail. Or you can dream…Print
A unique spin on the original.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 ounces tequila of your choice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice, fresh or canned
- juice from 1 small lime or 1/2 of a large lime
- Boil water, mix 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar, stir. Add jalapeños, let sit for at least 2 hours or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Making the margarita
- In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, pineapple and lime juice and jalapeño syrup. Fill shaker with ice, then shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain and pour over a large glass filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a ring of jalapeño.