The perfect recipe for springtime. This Lemon Pasta with Fresh Herbs combines lemons, parsley, basil and garlic to make a delicious and light sauce for linguini or any other type of pasta you like.
I have been using lemons in everything lately, especially if I can get my hands on Meyer lemons. It is a great ingredient for adding acidity and to boost flavor in salad dressings or to finish off a soup.
Quick and easy pasta dish
- Quick prep – just cut herbs, zest the lemon and squeeze the juice from the lemon
- Use any type of pasta you have on hand
- You can use any type of herb or combination as well: basil, parsley, tarragon
- Add it other greens: asparagus, Swiss chard, spinach or broccoli
Other ingredients you may want to consider adding to this pasta are shrimp, salmon or leftover chicken. The sky is the limit.
Serve this pasta with one of these delicious Italian salads:
Lemon Pasta with Mixed Herbs
- Diet: Vegetarian
The perfect springtime pasta
- 1 pound of linguini or other pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 15–20 thin asparagus tips
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for finishing
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fill large pot with water and 2 teaspoons of salt, bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and stir, cook according to pasta type.
- Heat a wide saucepan over medium heat then add 4 tablespoons olive oil and heat then add garlic. Be careful to monitor and not burn.
- Add asparagus tips along with 2 tablespoons of pasta water and sauté.
- When pasta is ready, soup out about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta and add it to the saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and toss everything together. At this point, I often add up to 2 tablespoons additional olive oil and a spoonful of the pasta water if the sauce needs thinning.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
this sounds delicious and easy! I can’t wait to try it!
SHARE THE RECIPE