I love the way cabbage holds up to any type of dressing you throw at it. This Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing is filled with green cabbage, green onions, almonds, peanuts or whatever nuts you have to add crunch and a smooth, luscious peanut dressing.
The Cabbage Salad can be made ahead of time which is a big plus. The flavor actually improves as it rests. The cabbage softens slightly and all of the flavors meld together while you are relaxing. Make it in the morning, then remove from the fridge so it comes to room temperature before serving.
Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing has only a few fresh ingredients and the dressing can be made from ingredients you have in your pantry: peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime, sugar and garlic.
I would start off a meal with a Pineapple Mai Tai Cocktail, followed by Grilled Chicken and Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing on the side. By the way, if you have extra dressing, it would taste great with the chicken too.
A salad full of crunch, spice, sweet and tart.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (white part and half the green)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup basil and or cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons Shiracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place cabbage, green onions, nuts and sesame seeds into a large salad bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over salad and toss salad.
- If the dressing is too thick, add a bit more rice vinegar or a tablespoon or 2 of water to thin out.
- Garnish with additional sesame seeds and herbs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: NA
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop and mix
- Cuisine: Asian