A great vegetarian side dish
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 large red or yellow onion, cut into 1–1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1–1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Wash cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Place cauliflower into a large bowl and toss with other ingredients and toss.
- Put cauliflower mixture onto a large baking sheet so it is in a single layer.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Big tip: when preparing cauliflower, use a knife to create florets. Having a flat surface will promote better caramelizing.