- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 5 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1 large pear, sliced into thin slices
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet, place in oven and cook for 10 minutes, then remove pan and let cool.
- Place all other ingredients into large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, mix the shallots, vinegar and salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the shallots to soften and mellow in taste.
- Stir in olive oil and whisk or if making in a jar shake the dressing until combined.
- Finish with additional salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Dress salad and serve on individual plates.
I have specified blue cheese, but a mild goat cheese would be delicious in its place. Also, if you only have white or red wine vinegar or rice vinegar, they will work too.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: Pears, Pear Salad, Salad, Walnuts, Blue Cheese, Goat Cheese