A potato salad to serve with burgers, salmon, chicken, pretty much anything.
It is a long list of ingredients, but you will surely have most of them in your pantry.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes (yellow, red, purple or mixed)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vinegar from peperoncini jar or regular white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or vegan mayonaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon, save half for finishing
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Put a medium pot of water on stove filled with 3 inches of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, place the potatoes into a steamer, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until you can easily insert a knife into the potato. Remove from heat and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl except the capers.
- Cut potatoes in half or thirds.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/2 of the dressing and capers. Mix, taste and add additional dressing, along with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Place potatoes in a bowl or platter and finish with additional lemon zest and parsley.
Larger potatoes can be used in this recipe. Boil then slice or cube after cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Healthy